I was going to meet with celebrity stylist Laura Zapata and get styled by her, so of course I had to jump at this opportunity and said YES!
I’ve been a huge fan of Dove Spray ever since it came out in the market, and I’m competently obsessed with Dove Invisible Spray and couldn’t wait to try the new scents.
But the Dove Invisible Spray Antiperspirant is at another level, and it’s safe to use with 100 colors without leaving white marks.
Well let me tell how the day went down, I went into this room, with a lilac back (Pantone anyone?)
It was full of the most amazing clothes, shoes, bags and jewelry and as soon as I went I had my eye of the Light Blue Gingham Top (which I ended up wearing).
While I waited for the girl before me to finish her shoot, the ladies from Priv glammed me up with hair and makeup.
Then Laura I talked about Dove Invisible Spray and her fashion tips, The Fashionsnoops Microsite for Dove and we then went to another room to pick my look.
I picked a few other things, but I was always going back to the same top. Originally I was going to style with a light blue suede skirt, but at the last minute I decided to change it for this gorgeous Lilac Ruffled Pants that Laura showed me last minute. Light blue and Lilac go together you ask? well yes, yes they do!
Then it was time to choose the shoes, and it was either a pair of purple or Silver Metallic heels and I will always pick metallic and also I thought it looked better, to let the pants be the statement piece.
We added a few pieces of jewelry and a beautiful small round bag ( a round bad blog post is coming soon).
Below please find some of the talking point I had with Laura, and the things she can’t be without when styling her celebrity clients.
These are Laura Zapata’s tips on how to upgrade your basic workwear look!
- How can I incorporate both comfort and style to my work look?
When it comes to staying stylish and comfortable in the workplace, go for low-maintenance wardrobe basics in striking colors. On-trend colorways will keep you looking fashion-forward. Separates that you can easily layer or move around with ease, like breathable fabrics or items that stretch, will help to keep you comfortable throughout a long workday. Try slim trousers in yellow or lavender, an A-line skirt in red, a tweed blazer in hot pink, or a shift dress in jewel tones like moss or terracotta. Pair your bold colors with neutral separates for a streamlined look.
- What tips can you share on transitioning from work to happy hour or date-night, what colorful styles or pieces should be my go-to?
A conservative style is safe for the workplace, but super blah when it comes to an after 6pm look. Find ways to shed layers and show some skin to transition your look from day-to-night. Ditch the blazer and a style a shift like you would a party dress. Pair with heels and flirty fringe earrings for a cute happy hour option. An accessory swap is also key: lose the power pumps for strappy evening sandals, and leave the oversized work tote for an edgy, embellished clutch.
- What are your top beauty and/or styling essentials that every girl should keep at her desk to make the work to dinner/drinks transition seamless?
I keep some key essentials my desk, especially when I know I have after-work plans and limited time to get ready. Here are some items I suggest every chica should have on-hand:
- Foot Petals: After hours of being on your feet, foot petals add an extra layer of cushion and comfort on your feet, especially if you’re throwing on a pair of killer heels for the he night.
- Dove Invisible Dry Spray Antiperspirant: This amazing deodorant has an innovative formula that doesn’t leave any marks on 100 colors of clothing, and it also provides 48-hours of odor and wetness protection, which is super important for a night out dancing with the girls!
- Concealer: An illuminating concealer works wonders to brighten and refresh tired-looking eyes after a long, hard day in the office.
- What fashion piece, whether an accessory, top, shoe, etc. can I incorporate into my daily wardrobe that will help elevate my at-work look?
Definitely go for the statement jewelry! It’s eye-catching and a quick way to elevate any work look. Jazz up a simple sheath dress or a basic blouse and skirt combo with some fashion-forward jewelry in hammered metals or edgy metallics. A bold cocktail ring paired with oversized earrings is always a win-win work combo.
Thank you so much for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed with photoshoot for the 100 Invisible Colors with Dove and Laura Zapata.
Hope you have a super duper day!
With Lots of Love,
You can also find more here: